Saturday, October 16, 2010

Coolest job ever

I wish I had a picture to go with this post today.  I will try to add one later.  I would like to introduce you to a man named Rhys (pronounced Reece.  Like the best candy ever.  Great name, I know.) 

Rhys is the Child Life coordinator on Sarah's hospital floor.  His one and only job is to make kids happy!  I know, I know.  It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. ; )  

Some of Rhys' difficult jobs are making sure the playroom is stocked and in decent shape, making sure kids have plenty of things to play with in their hospital rooms, (yesterday he brought this really fun book that makes into a floor puzzle with a train track that a little wind up train drives on) and planning fun activities.  On the 4th of July they brought popsicles and took us up a few floors to watch the fireworks out the windows.  There was a big ice cream taste testing party once.  Yesterday there was a big fingerpainting party up on the 9th floor.  Like I mentioned the other day, there are therapy dogs that come now and then.  Sometimes the zoo brings cool, exotic birds or other exciting animals.  Once, some of the White Caps (our minor league baseball team) came down the halls signing autographs.  I saw pictures of kids with a few of the Rockettes around Christmas time.  If someone has a birthday, volunteers make big signs to put on the doors.  Any book or movie can be tracked down.  Nothing is too hard for the amazing child life team!  ; )

Anyway, yesterday as I was leaving to go home, I saw Rhys walking down the hall with an enormous bunch of humongous rainbow balloons.  He looked like he would float away if he went outside.  I wondered what that was all about, but I had to miss the fun.  Turns out, every kid on the floor got a big rainbow balloon yesterday.

When I grow up, I wanna be what Rhys is!!  How did I miss my calling??

No comments:

Post a Comment