Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh, how He loves us!

I wasn't planning on posting today, but my heart is so full, I just really needed to! 

Are you all enjoying winter??  I don't know about you, but we live where it gets COLD!  I've heard all the jokes--we only have two seasons:  winter and Fourth of July.....  and the griping and complaining.  And I don't really love being cold, truth be told.   But seriously.  Isn't it BEAUTIFUL??!!







I did not take these pictures.  These were taken in a friend of mine's backyard by her daughter.  Talented girl!  But these are the kinds of scenes I get to enjoy on a daily basis here in our cold state.  It struck me again this morning on our frigid drive to church how spectacular God made this world of ours.  It's the kind of thing I love to sit and think about.  Even winter, which really is a pretty depressing time of year as far as living things go.  Trees all bare and death-like, grass brown and ugly, animals hunkered down 'til spring, no flowers, everything cold and barren.  And yet, God says, "But wait!  Look at THIS!!"  And sends the most beautiful, purest white, sparkling crystals in intricate patterns to cover the earth.  Oh, how He loves us.  He did not have to make everything so lovely.  There is no "evolutionary" reason for most of the beauty we are surrounded by.  Everyone gets to enjoy it-- rich, poor, and every age.  God just simply wants to tell us, "I LOVE YOU!"  I hope you are soaking in His great love for you today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly,

    Gorgeous photos!! I'm Sharla at Life as a Clay Jar!! Thanks for posting my button! I'm so sorry but I just learned that the code for the button was not working and I figured out the problem...

    The correct code is on the blog now... So sorry for the inconvenience.

    Blessings,
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete