Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Snapshot--Brother Love






When we were going to bring Sarah home last October, I knew that our boys would be great big brothers. But I had NO idea that coming up on a year later they would still be so loving--so utterly selfless with their little sister. They go above and beyond what I would ever expect of them in helping out, in playing with her, everything. If I am sleeping in, they will get up with her in the morning, even getting her cereal and a sippy cup of milk. They play with her even if they don't feel like it. Even Ben, my 6 year old is so patient with her. Having a little sister has been the best thing for them as they have learned so much more about caring for others and putting others first. And they have learned how really really wonderful it is to be a family for someone who needs one. I am so thankful for my boys and so blessed to be their mom!

4 comments:

  1. That is SO heart-warming! The love your boys have for Sarah just shines so brightly through those pictures! What an amazing blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say Hi, I wandered onto your site from Ni Hao Yall. I enjoyed reading your blog, it reminds me that I need to spend more time praying as well. I hope you daughter is healed soon.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet pictures! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, ladies! Nice to meet you, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete