Monday, November 15, 2010

Sarah's exam with Dr. Aaberg

In June we were told by Dr. Aaberg that our precious Sarah had cancer.  Not only did she have cancer, but it was really bad.  He was sure it had spread to her brain and spinal fluid.  He gave us very little hope if any, and the expression on his face said it all.  We felt hopeless--and helpless.  He told us later that he was so upset that night, he hardly slept at all.

This morning Dr. Aaberg examined our precious Sarah again.  We waited in the waiting room talking about the journey we have been on, and speculating about what the next leg of the journey would look like.  We prayed, and we trusted, and we knew that God is sovereign.  His way is always best, and we would trust Him come what may! 

Dr. Aaberg came out to see us, and the first words out of his mouth were-- there's NOTHING!   I thought he meant her eye was still not dilated, and he could not get a good look yet.  But I was wrong.  He really meant NOTHING!  There was NOTHING IN THERE!

Dr. Aaberg was the bringer of bad news, but today he brought the best news we ever could have hoped for!!

Sarah is Free of Cancer!!!

I can't begin to tell you, dear friends how it feels to get this kind of news.  To be on this journey for 6 months, and then hear that it is done.  We are simply praising God with everything we have in us!  It was Him who picked out Sarah for our family.  It was Him who brought her to us.  It was Him who provided all the care she needed...Him who bolstered our faith...Him who helped her to sail through with virtually no symptoms--laughing all the way along!  It was Him who got us through the high dose of chemo and the bone marrow transplant, and Him who got her out of the hospital in record time.  It was Him who healed our girl, and all the glory goes to Him!  He loves our little Sarah so much.  We rejoice in our great God!  Our loving heavenly Father!

And Dr. Aaberg had a pretty great day too. : )

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing that news with us! Wow...gives me goosebumps with that awesome reminder that our God is awesome and great and faithful! Rejoicing with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying for joy! HALLELUJAH!! God is amazing! Going to read this with my children at devotions this morning so they can rejoice too...we've been praying, what an incredible testimony of God's mercy and answered prayer! "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever!" Psalm 136:1!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL things are possible with God!!! I cannot express to you how happy i am for you and sarah....what a testimony to enduring faith and promise from God!! we love you guys so much and we are rejoicing with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Holly! I'm so happy for you guys and so grateful to God for His miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. covered in CHILLS or as my friend calls them "spirit bumps"!
    How GREAT is our God!
    Rejoicing for you, for Sarah!
    Thank you God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already know but still cried with joy as I read this. I am so happy for you all. God is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rejoicing with you!! Praise God!!

    No more blogs tonight for me- I'm heading to bed with this great news and planning to sleep well!!

    (with a smile on my face!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly,
    I got so tied up in travel plans that I forgot to check on your little Sarah. I'm so sorry! We have been praying for her so often, and then I forgot to check to see if you had gotten the news.
    What a huge blessing! I'm rejoicing with you! I hope that the stomach bug is long gone and that you are packing for your trip to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are rejoicing!!! Praising GOD.

    ReplyDelete