Friday, August 23, 2013

Longing...

I know...it's the middle of the day.  I should be doing any one of a million different things right now.  But instead, I am sipping a cup of coffee and writing a blog post, because today...  I just need to share my feelings!  (We girls and our feelings, right?) :)

I saw this picture of Corrie today.

 
 
Yes, I know it's really a picture of the adorable sweetie in front.  But honestly when my eyes first hit the picture, they immediately went to the little girl in the background.  That cute little pink bathing suit.  Her head tilted to the side.  In an instant this mommy's heart didn't even see the picture's true subject.  She only noticed her little girl.   And that heart just melted into a puddle inside.
 
It is hard to be in the adoption process.  The wait stretches on and on.  You see the photos.  You long for your child.  My mind wanders throughout the day.  Is she happy?  I know she is loved where she is, and for that I am thankful.   But still I wonder, is she getting enough hugs and snuggles?  Is she sick?  Does she have bad dreams?  Even if she is completely happy and secure, still I long to be there.  To scoop her up in my arms and bring her home. 
 
For now, I endure the helpless feeling of missing someone you've not yet met.  Sweet baby, I can't wait to meet you.... 

 
 




2 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your heart! It's SO HARD to wait and wait and WAIT.

    I am sitting here with my mother-in-law and was telling her about Corrie getting a family and she is SO TICKLED. She (and my recently passed father-in-law) have prayed and prayed for her. Their Sunday school class have been faithful supporters of Morning Star and they love and pray for all those little treasures every week. :) I gave her your blog address and she is eager to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly this broke my heart <3 love you guys and I'll be praying that everything goes as quickly and smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete