Saturday, June 4, 2011

Updates...

 Hi there!

I remembered that I had mentioned some precious kids in previous posts, and thought you might like to know some updates about them. 

In this post  I told you about Corrie and Vanya.  As far as I know, Corrie still doesn't have a family.  Please keep praying for her.  (To be honest, I am praying that God would call US to adopt her!!  But maybe you are her family??)  But Vanya DOES have a family committed to him!!  God is good, and He totally came through for that sweet boy.  Now we can pray that all will go well with his adoption and transition.

And here I told you about a sweet little boy from our church named Micah, who is battling stage 4 liver/lung cancer.  Well, if you have been wondering, his story has truly been a roller coaster ride.  At first everything was looking really great.  The cancer in his liver shrunk dramatically, and the 20 tumors in his lungs were reduced to 4!  However, later, while the cancer in his liver has continued to shrink, and that is incredibly awesome,  the number of tumors in his lungs increased to around 8 or 10, and now those have begun to grow. 


He loves penguins!!


Micah is still not able to eat normally...I'm not quite sure why that is, but he has a feeding tube down his nose at all times. : (  And he has been sick off and on with his rounds of chemo.  I know that is typically normal, but normal or not, it is so hard to watch your child suffering, so our friends are having a hard time.  They are trusting God, but they are also discouraged that those tumors are not leaving or shrinking.  Please pray for them.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!  God has been teaching me so much lately about what it really means to pray and serve Him.  The time is short.  Let's not waste our time while we are here.  We only have one shot at this life.  Let's make it count!  I can't wait to go to go to church tomorrow.  I hope you have a wonderful Lord's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment