Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My passion

I will let you in on a little secret about me if you don't know me already. I am passionate about a few things. You will probably hear me talk about each of those in time, but today I will tell you that my biggest passion of all is caring for orphans. I have loved children since the time I was practically still a child myself. And once I started really realizing that there are children out there--real flesh and blood kids like our friends' kids. Like our own kids--with no parents, living in institutions or with foster families that don't really care for them like true parents, well, that thought pretty much consumes me. Puppies need homes, yes. Yes, we should recycle, save the earth, yadda yadda, name the cause. But in my opinion there is just nothing sadder than the thought of a child with no parents.


So, if you are anything like me, and feel the need to DO SOMETHING about helping a child find his family, there are so many things we can do!


One of those things is helping a family who wants to adopt raise the funds they need, which is typically a pretty astronomical amount, especially in international adoptions. I know a family who is getting ready to adopt their second child from China--a precious angel they are naming Elaina. They are having a fundraiser on July 6, and it's the kind I like because it involves buying some really cute things a generous friend donated from her Etsy shop that do not cost a lot of money! If lots of us order on that one day, it will really help them! Please take a look at this link and it will give you more details. http://http//purposedrivenfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/july-6th-one-day-fundraiser-event-for.html


Thank you! And please spread the word since my blog is brand new. : )


Here at our house we had one awesome day. Sarah seriously smiled and laughed all day long. It doesn't take anything when she is in a mood like she was in today. Every single thing is funny. She is such a hoot! She also ate like a horse. Gotta love that appetite stimulant she's on! Ben had a great day too. He loves having so much time with Mom and Dad pretty much to himself. And we love having time to spend with him one on one too. So thankful for this beautiful day! Tomorrow camp will be done, but the boys will be staying up at camp with Grandma and Grandpa for a few more days while Sarah's blood cell counts are way down. Please pray with us that she does not have to end up in the hospital with an infection this week. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment