Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Musings from my journal--June 11

In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus, concerning you. 1 Thess. 5:18

I am thankful that God has granted us the gift of being Sarah's parents. She is a priceless treasure.


I am thankful for technology, for the many families and doctors and researchers who have walked this road over the years, learning the roadmap of what to do and where to go next. It's not an exact science, but the rates of cancer survival are so much higher than they used to be.


I am thankful that we live so close to a high quality children's hospital.


I am thankful for the excellent, caring doctors and nurses here and the child-life team that works hard to make these kids happy.


I am thankful that the food here is pretty good!


I am thankful for so many people who give to cancer research. I am thankful for prayers and support of so many friends, family, and strangers.


I am thankful that God never leaves us. We don't have to understand why these things happen. He has promised in His Word that we will have trials--even "good" people who love Him. He has told us that His ways are higher than our ways. We never have to worry--not even for a second--while we are here on this earth. Instead, we have the privilege of being able to relax in complete trust and enjoy the gift of peace that comes along with it.


I am so thankful for my sweet Savior who loves each of us so infinitely, and who is holding us in His hands all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment