Friday, November 11, 2011

Plants in Jeopardy! And other news...

I have several ideas for things to share with you running around in my head, but I thought tonight I would just share about our day because it was fun, and also interesting.



The first exciting news is...it snowed!  Well, it actually happened yesterday, not today, but around here it was very, very exciting, so I thought I would add it.  The kids went outside, and we actually got a little bit of accumulation--enough to throw a few snowballs!  We had a fire going in the fireplace, and this year I have decided to break my cardinal rule of not playing Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.  There is just something about the first snow that still makes me happy to this day.  But then.....I get over that reeeaaally fast.  And I would not mind if we did not see any more snow at all, thank you.

 
In other news...Cassandra and Sarah tried a new nail polish color.  Sarah's got done first, and then she kindly returned the favor so nicely, don't you think?  And, notice her HAIR...Yes, she is wearing BRAIDS!!!!  : )  : )


This is the kind of scene that I come across sometimes around our house.    Makes me happy. : )


We got a hot tub!!  Hubby found one for a good price on Craigslist.  He has always wanted one, and now his dream has come true.  We just got it the other day, and tonight, Sarah got in for the first time.  Now our water baby can enjoy the winter.  (And no, the water is not that hot.  It is safe for kids!)  : )




And yes, we finished another unit in our humble little home school.  Tonight we played....Plants in Jeopardy!!  Do you recognize Alice Trebeck?  She is looking lovely, don't you think?  Love that hair-do.  We had three very clever contestants, and they won quite a bit of money.  I believe Mr. Jacob in the middle seat there was the winner with $3,700.  All three of them are experts at the subject of plants, I can assure you.  The show was recorded in front of a live studio audience including a little girl and a dog.  I hope you got to see it.  Oh, you missed it?  That's too bad. 
(Oh, and those messy shelves?  All part of my little ploy to help you feel better about yourself.  You're welcome.)

And in other news, although I don't have a picture to show you, I took Sarah to the Ear Nose and Throat doctor today.  A couple weeks ago, our pediatrician had suggested we go get her checked because her voice is very unusual.  If you know her, you know right away what I am talking about.  It's low and kind of raspy. She's been called everything from a COPD patient to a robot, to an elf.  It's so cute, though, and we love it about her, and we just assumed it was just her normal voice since it has been that way since we got her.  Anyway, the doctor said that sometimes it could signal that there is a problem.  Maybe there was some damage to her vocal chords along the way before we got her, or sometimes acid reflux could be going on without any noticeable symptoms.  So, we went today, and he had to numb her nose and throat and stick that rubber tube with a camera down there, which was not fun...but he found redness and swelling, and little bumps.  All signifying irritation from acid reflux!  She has never once complained or seemed uncomfortable at all, so we were shocked!  So, we will be having that treated, and then we will see how her voice might change.  That will be very interesting... 

And that was our day!  Tomorrow we are going up to visit my wonderful second parents.  If you remember, my father-in-law has cancer, and very recently we were given bad news about the severity of it.  He starts aggressive treatment for it on Monday.  We would so appreciate it if you would pray.  If you didn't already see this post, you could read it now and see what kind of person he is.  Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment